I have been nominated by I’m Impregnable! for the real neat blog award. I really am chuffed to bits, thank you. My blog was always meant to be a place to capture my own thoughts and journey through infertility, but the fact that at least one other person feels like it is worth reading is still quite amazing to me! I’m Impregnable is going through some tough decisions right now, and I can relate to her on this level. Tomorrow we find out whether or not IUI round 3 was successful, if it isn’t then the decision to move to IVF is going to be a tough one. PS. Thank you to everyone who has been wishing us well 🙂
- Put the Award Logo in your post.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog)
7 Questions I have been asked and my answers:
1) What is your favorite color?
Yellow! But you won’t catch me wearing yellow much because I am pretty pale :-s
2) Do you have a baby name picked out already?
Chris and I do not have any names picked out, but every so often we talk about it. We have a little book we carry around with our crib board and playing cards that we keep our crib winnings logged. In the back of this little book a list of names we have talked about. I will mention right now that Chris says if it’s a boy he wants to call it Huckleberry. Now really to this day I am still not sure how serious he is, but one thing I do know is that kids are cruel. If you shorten the name to Huck – what does it rhyme with? No, I’m not talking duck or puck. If he is serious I agreed it could be a middle name if he really wanted. Incidentally, if you are a fan, Bear Grylls’s son is called Huckleberry. His other sons are called Jesse and Marmaduke.
3) What is your favorite vacation spot?
Anywhere with a mountain in it!!! Chris proposed to me when we were in the Dolomites in Italy, so that place is pretty special. Our wedding was planned around our planned Honeymoon to Whistler in Canada for some skiing. I think that sums us up really!
4) Do you have any pets?
Sushi, British Medium Haired Tortie Cat, 4 years old.
Sushi AKA ‘lady muck’
Diesel, American short Haired Ginger Cat we rescued from almost certain death, 9 months old.
Diesel – the ‘Terrorquisitive kittie’
5) What are your hobbies?
Anything that involves outdoors, hiking, climbing and skiing in particular. For being indoors I love yoga and being a bit of a data science geek when I get the time to be.
6) What would you tell another woman dealing with fertility issues?
Blogging can be a great therapy. The journey is best shared equally, remember you are both on the journey and you will be stronger together. The top of the mountain will be glorious.
7) What do you do for stress relief?
Blogs I would like to nominate for the Real Neat Blog Award:
My Missing Ingredient is Patience
. Sam is from the UK going through some tough fertility testing right now so I follow her blog with much anticipation that she gets her dream of two pink lines, but it was her post about ‘Never Going to be That Kind of Woman
‘ that caught my eye as I felt like I could relate to her more than just suffering crappy infertility 🙂
. Pikachu4You is also going through IUI right now too, and her post on being positive was inspiring
when I was feeling particularly down about it all. I really hope she doesnt make it to round three of IUI and this is her time!! Not much longer ’til test time!!
Questions for you nominees:
1. What is your favourite time of year?
2. If I gave you $200 ( or 100 GBP, it’s a good exchange rate ;-p) what would you treat yourself to?
3. Do you have a favourite saying/quote/phrase?
4. Who do you look up to as a role model?
5. If you could quit your job tomorrow, and be instantly knowledgeable in any subject you like, what career would you like to try?
6. Who will you tell first that you are pregnant (other than your partner of course!)?
7. If you could only choose one….Appetizer (Starter), Entree (Main) or Dessert….what would it be?
4 thoughts on “The Real Neat Blog Award”
I love Whistler – we lived there for a few summers back in our university days and it will always hold a special spot in my heart. 🙂
Great getting to know you a bit better.
Thank you for the nomination!! I love this kind of stuff! And as always I’m flattered people read and enjoy my humble ramblings lol.
Also… your fur babies = adorbs. 😉
Thank you so much for the nomination and lovely words about my blog 🙂